Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Coastal Inspiration by Posh Interiors, LLC

With the kids heading back to school, we are reminded that summer vacations are almost over. One of my favorite spots to go and hang out in the summer is the beach.  I don't particularly have a favorite place to go, as long as the sands are pearly white and the waters are blue/aqua marine.



US Gulf Coast Miramar Beach

This summer, my family and I took a short vacation down to Miramar Beach in Florida. I love Miramar Beach because it's a pretty short trip from Georgia and there's a lot to do for the kids.  My favorite part of beach living is the decor.  Think about it, coastal interiors are carefree and inviting.  I love the colors, textures and layers.  Soft blues, turquoise, whites and creams are my favorite color palette for a beach home. As far as textures are concern, I really like using natural rugs (seagrass, sisal and jute)  to really get the "outdoor-in effect" for a beach house.



You can create your own coastal look by getting inspired using pictures from magazines or picking up a copy of Coastal Living Magazine.  

This is a photo from Pottery Barn magazine that screams "The Coast".  It has all of the makings of a beautiful inviting beach house.  Soft cool colors, textures from mother earth (wood, metal, water) and a back drop that anyone who loves the beach would want to wake up to and see.



One of my clients was so inspired by the colors of the coast that we transformed her family room to create the feel of the coast. Follow this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/62853046@N08/ to see the before and after shots of her family room.

Even though I love the beach and all it has to offer, I am looking forward to cooler weather.  
Goodbye Summer.  Hello Fall.  
We welcome you!

Terrell Dinkins
Residential Designer
Atlanta Interior Designs






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...