Monday, March 19, 2012

Stuck In a Decorating Rut...Paint!!!

Even though the economic job market is moving slowly in a positive direction, the housing market is still in a slump.  People have been forced to stay in their homes and work with what they have.  If you are going to stay in your home, you might as well decorate it to your liking using pieces you already have on hand. 
Sometimes, adding a splash of paint color helps eliminate the need for over accessorizing the room and the walls.  Many people are afraid of paint color.  Just remember, painting is one of the cheapest accessories you can add to any room.  If you don't like the color, paint over it and start over again.  I would suggest buying small samples of color.  One of my favorite paint companies, Benjamin Moore, sells small samples of color to try out.  Paint an area of the wall and allow the paint to dry to determine if you are going to like the look. 


I love how the mood of this room changes when the wall colors change.  Color ignites different moods.

This room has a more vibrant look and feel using the lighter color Refined on the main walls.



This is my favorite look.  I love dark walls with light colored furniture.  I plan on painting my bedroom French Press using cream and neutral fabrics to soften the look and feel of my space.

Here's one of my favorite 2012 Color Palette Trends by Benjamin Moore.  

Thanks to Benjamin Moore paint for inspiring us with color!

Terrell Dinkins
Residential Designer
Atlanta Interior Design


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...