Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Are Our Homes True Reflections of Our Personal Style?

Vintage Chic

Take a look around your home.  Does it truly reflect you? Have you incorporated your personal style in your home style?  My experience as a designer when working with clients is their home doesn't truly reflect what they like.  They can pick out a picture from a magazine, but find a difficult time incorporating that look inside the home.  I have determined that I am truly a transitional girl.

I love incorporating different styles in my attire as well as my home.  I do, however, lean closer to traditional styles because I get bored easily if the look is too busy or trendy.  Traditional pieces are classics and stand the test of time.  I am a girl, however,  who can rock a few vintage pieces. That's why one of my first mirrors out of the gate is this Vintage Chic mirror. It works with many styles and looks. It's transitional enough to work in many home settings.

Modern/Retro

If you like a modern look, you will love this mirror.  It is truly a reflection of someone who doesn't mind changing with the trends.  I can't image a woman who's favorite style of shoe is the classic pump,  hanging this mirror in her living room. Can you?




Traditional/Classic

Finally, we come to the traditional/classic look.  Here's why I say I am transitional.  I think this mirror is lovely in a dainty powder room. Yes, the girl who loves the traditional classic pump would probably like this mirror. You would not hang this mirror with the modern/ retro mirror, but could get away with it in a home that has the vintage chic mirror.

I did a little soul searching on myself and I realized that my home is a true reflection of my personal style.  My attire reflects the style of my home.  Analyze yourself. See if your personal style and home style are in sync.


If you like any of these mirrors and want to know how to find them, send an email to terrelldinkins@poshinteriorsllc.com and I will steer you in the right direction.

Terrell Dinkins
Residential Designer
Atlanta Interior Design


2 comments:

  1. If there is a style called functional - then that's all me. I like a home that can be lived in. I don't want visitors to feel afraid to touch anything, or antsy about spilling a drink. For me a house is not a home if you have to worry too much about the furnishings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mosley Mom,
      Thank you for your comments. I loved them!! My motto is "Don't Change Your Clients Taste, Make It Better." A good designer will incorporate your desire to have functionality in your home. Functionality is incorporated in your design style. You mentioned spills. One way to make a sofa spill proof is to make sure you have the right type of fabric on it. Something that will allow the spills to propel off of the sofa. The home can still be functional and pretty to your taste!!!

      Now pertaining to the article, are you a reflection of your home. Would you consider yourself a functional, carefree person? Does your home reflect your personal style?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...